LA CASTELLANA, NEGROS OCCIDENTAL

 La Castellana, Home of the Famous Bailes de Luces Festival, one of the champions of Showtime's Magpasikat episodes years ago is famous ...

 La Castellana, Home of the Famous Bailes de Luces Festival, one of the champions of Showtime's Magpasikat episodes years ago is famous for riders and road-trippers alike. The roads are well-paved and safe for a weekend long-ride.



Just a few more minutes and you can already reach Canlaon but due to restrictions brought by the pandemic, we'll schedule a separate ride for Canlaon when everything is safe and the borders are open for visitors. For now, we'll just gaze with Mt Canlaon's majestic view from afar.


The City of La Castellana is a favorite destination if you just want to be away from the city for just a couple of hours. You can go there and have lunch or enjoy coffee with a view.


Been here twice and I am surprised of the budding cafés and chill out places to rest and kill time while in there. Either you want to enjoy your lunch or cup of coffee facing Mt Canlaon or the vast lands until it meets the sky from the horizon.


On my first ride here, I was with my cousin as a backrider and the second time, I was with office friends and my first time to drive my motorcyle this far.


Good thing, we have friends who joined us who are experienced to guide us and ensure our safety for this ride since we're noobs, especially me.


On my first ride here, we had lunch at Nature's View Cafe. It's the most famous café and stopover since it's overlooking Mt Canlaon. Food prices are a little pricey and there's an entrance fee too. Nonetheless, consider that you're paying extra for the great view while enjoying your lunch or merienda.




On the second time, we conquered the steepy ascend going to Fabricanus Village Café which would require a few climbing steps and burn a few calories. Entrance is P20 but it goes with a cup of native coffee.


All in all, there's still a lot that needs to be visited in La Castellana. I saw some photos that made me regret that we did not check Acantilado which is just beside Fabricanus. It means, there's another reason to come back.


Lastly, we were supposed to get a quick dip to the cold spring in Caduhada Resort. Unfortunately, they don't serve lunch there and at the same time, there were a lot of visitors that we reconsider to just come back when we're all fully vaccinated.


To my fellow Negrosanon and riders out there, any suggestions where I should go next for a quick weekend getaway motorcycle ride? Done with Pataan, DSB, and La Castellana. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

V I S I T O R S

Follow Me on Instagram --> @mistershauniverse

Flickr Images