When in Baguio: 10 Places for Great Food and Photographs

I never thought I'll be in Baguio for 3 times in a span of 8 months. This itinerary though seemed to be jam-packed with attractions to...

I never thought I'll be in Baguio for 3 times in a span of 8 months. This itinerary though seemed to be jam-packed with attractions to visit and great food to experience. Expect no Burnham and Mines' View Park in this blog post but you can see that on my previous post. Click HERE

I know you guys are a little intrigued on what activities you can take from my list and be included in your itinerary the next time you visit Baguio. Just to set your expectations, we're able to visit at least 10 as we have a car with us and we were there for 2 night and 3 days. Without further ado, let me start based on the chronology of our itinerary.

1. Strawberry Farm at La Trinidad

Since we left Manila around 2am, we arrived too early for the check-in time for our accommodation. We were there at 6am so we chose to visit La Trinidad to see the Strawberry Farm. Yes, you can be in Baguio in less than 4 hours especially if you leave Manila at midnight.


Unfortunately, I didn't see any strawberries for picking. Guess it's not yet strawberry season or visitors over the weekend already picked all of them? Still, it's worth paying a visit. Anyways, entrance is for free. My friends who I traveled with told me that the Avocado ice cream (sorbetes) is a must-try when you're here. I had strawberry ice cream already and saving my appetite for the breakfast so I skipped buying one.

2. Colors of Stobosa, La Trinidad

You'll get to pass by this humongous artwork going to the Strawberry Farm so why not drop by and take some pics. Again, it's for free. Since it's free, be considerate to the people who live here.


I know that the hanging bridge is one perfect spot to take a selfie but be mindful that you're not causing any traffic or delaying their daily way of life by blocking the only pathway across.
3. The Mansion

Since I am only including the places that I would reccommend, if not highly, I am skipping where we had our breakfast (it has a decade year on it's name) coz we're disappointed of the food and service. Anyhow,  since our accommodation is available at 2pm, we still had enough time to visit some more attractions. The closest to where we're staying is The Mansion and acrross it is the Wright Park.


The Mansion is the official summer palace of the President of the Philippines. There's nothing much as you're not allowed to get inside, but then again, it's for free so why not go ahead and include it in your itinerary.

4. Wright Park

Just across the street is the Wright Park. Nothing so special about it but you can get great photos from here as most people are in The Mansion. It means, less photobombers.

Beside it are pine trees and you can get great snaps as if you're inside the forest. I am a little tired with lack of sleep and no shower so I wasn't in the mood to take photos of the park itself.

5. Good Taste Restaurant

Upon checking in at 1pm, we promised to just take a couple of hours for rest but to our surprise, it was already 6pm when we woke up. We're supposed to have a late lunch but it turned out to be a dinner already. It means, we have extra money to spend it elsewhere.

Some restaurants are not that appealing from the outside because of it's simplicity, but don't be deceived by it. If there's a queue, expect there's good food. They have several floors and it's as large as a basketball court and open for 24-hours. Imagine how many locals and tourists they serve everyday. Not included in the pics were the deep fried shrimps, lumpiang Shanghai and a platter of rice, all good for 4 for the price of P1,200 only. We're not able to finish all that we have to take out some of them.

6. Visco's Restaurant and Cake Shop

One ultimate rule for me when traveling is to try local restaurants and never eat with establishments that are also available in the metro.


I love every pastry I tried but I must say their Ube Pastiilas ice cream should not be neglected. Sugar rush indeed and once was never enough. Yes, it's our dessert go-to before calling it a day for 2 nights.

Top Left: Ube Jam Short Cake, Right: Ube Pastillas Ocha Premium Ice Cream, Left: Blueberry Ice Cream, Lower Left: slice of Strawberry Short Cake, Center: whole Strawberry Short Cake

7. The Manor Camp John Hay

When I thought we were on food coma before ending our first day in Baguio, we're in for a buffet treat the very next day. Yes, food trip to the nth level is our goal for this trip.


Guess who's excited to be up as early as 4am for this buffet meal? lol. What I like to do when I travel is to at least splurge either one of the things like my accommodation, an activity, or experience a good meal. I always travel on a budget and I guess spending P800 for a buffet breakfast in the Manor at Camp John Hay is worth trying.

After breakfast, stay for awhile and appreciate the garden adjacent to their restaurant. Take as many photos as you can coz you paid for it. In our case, we're not able to eat that much as we're still full from last night's feast.

8. The Old Diplomat Hotel

A little out of the way, we head straight to the Old Diplomat Hotel that is believed to be haunted. It used to be a summer vacation house of the Thomasian Brothers before it was sold and turned into a hotel.


Now, it's just the ruins that's left and if you're lucky enough, you might stumble upon and capture in your camera the ghosts that are believed to be roaming around the place. Again, no entrance fee and please avoid vandalising the place.

Sorry guys, I've browsed my photos so many times but none with ghosts on the background. lol

9. Baguio Craft Brewery

What's the best way to end your last night in Baguio but with a bottle of hand-crafted local beer. The ambiance and the array of flavored beer choices is perfect for a chilly Baguio weather.


I ordered a glass of Passion Fruit Beer at P180. If you are undecided which flavor you want, just proceed at the bar and ask for a free taste. The price though only suggests that you should drink moderately. lol

We wanted to stay longer but we're too tired and just wanted to retire in the comfort of our beds.  

10. Arca's Yard

They say that you should always save the best for last. After we're done buiyng our pasalubong at the Good Shepherd, we decided to have our brunch in Arca's Yard before heading to La Union.


I highly recommend this place when it comes to service, the food, and ambiance. The prices are affordable and the place is very cozy. You'll fall in love all the more if you're a book worm as this place has a lot of them. For us, we only used them for props; why not?
All in all, it was a great Baguio experience for me. I'm lucky to experienced it  once again with a different set of friends. I think this trip was all about gastronomic experience and Baguio did not fail us.

Questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment down below.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

V I S I T O R S

Follow Me on Instagram --> @mistershauniverse

Flickr Images