BRAISES BEACH RESORT & FLOATING COTTAGES | BULATA, CAUAYAN

Expectations vs. Reality. When I reached out to the owner's FB Page inquiring about the floating cottages, I didn't set my expectati...

Expectations vs. Reality. When I reached out to the owner's FB Page inquiring about the floating cottages, I didn't set my expectations too high about the place. Anyways, it's just P150/head and if it's not as good as how it was advertised, it will not feel that I lost a fortune.



To be honest, I've been to Boracay more than I've been to the best beaches of my home province. I could only name 2 or 3 that I've been to, and I must say, I should have had spent more time exploring what Negros Island has to offer.


It was a quick getaway to celebrate with our staff from Café Boxidor by King Arthur Villanueva, after a couple of months of tirelessly working non-stop. We need a time to recharge and I am happy that we chance upon this resort that ticks every criteria we are trying to consider including budget and the location.


I have tried floating cottages before and had paid a hefty amount just to experience dining afloat a bamboo raft cottage cruising the crystal-clear-torquoise sea water. It's like hitting a jackpot, especially for a beach bum like me.




I've been to like 40-50 best beaches in the Philippines and this one did not disappoint. I was so ready to get a sunburn and not just tanlines after hibernating for so many months due to Covid-19. It feels liberating, at last, I get to enjoy the sea, the sun, the salt, and the sand.



Rule of thumb when I go to the beach, it's more fun if you have the place all for yourself. That's why I always prefer going on a weekday. I might go on a weekend if it's not my first time to visit a destination. I just don't like the crowd especially when I take my selfies. lol. Definitely, you'll end up having great photos without the photobombers.



If we went there on a weekend when the beach is crowded, I may not have the chance to use this boat as props for my photos. haha



This place is also perfect for family and if you're traveling with kids. Aside from the netted pool inside the floating cottage, the waters are like 3 feet deep only. Unless during high tide in the summer when it would reach up to 2 meters deep. Just be careful though walking barefooted on the area where it's covered by seaweeds because there might be sea urchin hiding the seabed of grass.


How to get here:

1. If private car, once you enter the welcome arc for Cauayan, it will be another 45 minutes drive to reach Brgy Bulata. Your landmark that will tell you you're near is the Brgy Bulata street sign. You will not miss this because it will appear right into your face when you do a curve entering Brgy. Bulata. Watch out for the small street to your right if you're coming from Bacolod with the signage "Beach House". Better yet, call the owner when you're near and need direction (Braises Beach Resort & Floating Cottages - 09163587964).

2. If you're commuting, tell the bus driver to drop you off at the Beach House in Bulata. Call the owner if you need more help with the direction. If we did not get lost, for sure you'll find the place.


 This trip was even more fulfilling knowing that your staff were happy and they enjoyed our whole day beach activity.


Reminders:

1. You can bring your own food. 
2. P150/head includes whole day use of the floating cottage + guide + boat ride.
3. If you want to buy fish, advise the owner.
4. Just bring your vaccination card in case there would be check points. 
5. Take care of your trash and practice CLAYGO.
6. Don't touch the starfishes and corals.
7. Make sure to give a tip to the boatmen who are very helpful to carry your heavy belongings.


For features and collabs, please PM me through my FB Page: MisterShauniverse

You Might Also Like

0 comments

V I S I T O R S

Follow Me on Instagram --> @mistershauniverse

Flickr Images