The Bloody Pool at Wisik Resort

Some find it disgusting and weird but it's getting the attention it deserves. Who would have thought that this simple and laid back re...

Some find it disgusting and weird but it's getting the attention it deserves. Who would have thought that this simple and laid back resort is a standout because of its bloody red pool.

If you're from Negros or traveling the island, you may want to drop by and visit the resort at Brgy. Tibsok, San Enrique. It's 35 kms from the south of Bacolod.




I really want to give it a try when I last visited Bacolod City. Luckily, my friend lives in the following town so we're able to drop by the resort. At the same time, I get to visit her family from her husband's side who were very accommodating and a loving family. Of course, I've met her husband, bf that time, Ryan, who I traveled with before when they visited Manila.





As mentioned, the place is so laid back and perfect for family weekend gathering or spending time with your barkada. They also have fishing lagoons where you can do fishing and cook what you caught for a price.





Unfortunately, they've already harvested the lagoons when I visited and fishing is not available during that time. But then again, I only stayed for 30 minutes and wasn't really there to try fishing.





Shout out to one of my closest college friends, Krsimarie, who took the time to meet me in Bacolod and accompanied me and feed me on my last day in Bacolod. lol





All in all, due to it's location and how far it is from Bacolod, I don't really recommend it to be included in your travel itineraries. But the idea that you're able to swim in a bloody pool is one thing you could tick off from your bucket list.





I guess as a traveler, sometimes you are not bothered about distance or even with the price once you've made up your mind on visiting a particular travel destination. Echoing the famous line in the movie 'Finding Nemo', "Just keep swimming.".


Rates and How to Get Here:

All vehicles plying the southern routes like Hinigaran, La Carlota, and Himamaylan pass through the Municipality of San Enrique. From there, tricycle drivers would already know once you tell them you're going to Wisik Resort. Bus fare is at P100-P150 for a 1 hour travel time from Bacolod South Bus Terminal.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

V I S I T O R S

Follow Me on Instagram --> @mistershauniverse

Flickr Images