#AlbayMyself Chronicles: Misibis Bay Resort

The hesitations of having Misibis Bay Resort included in my Albay solo travel has only been decided upon reaching the airport of Legazpi...

The hesitations of having Misibis Bay Resort included in my Albay solo travel has only been decided upon reaching the airport of Legazpi City.


I was supposed to do an Albay tour but I've done it already way back 2010. The only reason I came back to Legazpi is to experience the Mayon ATV adventure. It was raining most of the time that I am there and Mayon is either partly covered or not visible at all.

As my fb post caption, "Di ako na-inform, nilipat na pala ang Mt Mayon? #SeenZoned"

I stayed at Ellis Ecotel in Embarcadero de Legazpi. I believe they are under the same management of Misibis. I then inquired about Misibis for a day tour and agreed to do it on the Sunday at a consumable rate of P1,750 only.

Hallway going to the reception/front office

Pick up is at Venizia Hotel and so happy that Jay, Ellis Ecotel's driver agreed to take me to Hotel Venizia which is about 10 minutes drive away. I arrived 15 minutes earlier from the agreed time of departure which is at 8am and leave the pick up point right away, which gives me an idea that I am the only guest doing the day tour.

Locker Room

How did I know? I am the only guest who boarded the van and used the locker room. There were a few guests that day but I bilieve they're staying there for an overnight. What's even great was that the 1 hour and 30 minutes of van trasfer going to the resort was for free and not deducted from the consumable package. So it was a free transfer to and from the resort. Or was it waived just for me?

At the watersports activity area

Right away, I took advantage of the sunlight and took photos of the resort. Dennis, one of the staff who's on OJT, secured an umbrella and offered assistance to me. Viola! On-the-spot photographer!

If you're in Misibis, you can't miss this area.

For the entire day, I think it rained for every 10 minutes. With that, I took advantage of the pool. They have a couple during that time and the 3rd was under renovation. The infinity pool has the pool bar and the lagoon pool which seems a little private is open only for overnight staying guests. But, Misibis did not prohibit me to use it.

The lagoon pool is more picturesque than the infinity pool though.

Can't take risks to get my camera wet just to achieve an infinity-effect pool angle.

At exactly 12 noon, I left the pool area for my lunch. I was thinking it would be for a buffet but they only have a few guests so they suggests I'd go for a set meal or do ala carte. To save my self from thinking on what to order, I chose the set meal with salad and quesadilla, 4 mains (there's pork, chicken, fish, and beef), and then dessert for P880 nett. This is where my consumable started. Amazing, right? Meaning, I still have around P1000 to be used either in the activities or another set meal..lol

Al fresco style dining with the view of the pool and the beach

Spice Restaurant

Spice Restaurant Entrance

Extension for dining

Inside the restaurant

Lunch (choice of set meal or ala carte)

Complimentary bread and soup

Salad and Quesadilla

Four mains and rice

I love the dessert they served me. Just forgot to take note what it's called. It's like tiramisu but I tasted  grated coconut and there's nuts if I am not mistaken, and ice cream with cherry on top. How I wish they waited for me to have it requested before serving. The ice cream melted and the cherry on top already fell because I am still finishing my main course.

Love this dessert.

Snack after snorkeling
My companion for lunch. I enjoyed throwing rice to feed them.

After lunch, the staff again assisted me to try other activities of the resort. I headed to the front desk to inquire and I really felt the celebrity-like treatment when everyone of them would ran after me with an umbrella. To make sure I am within budget for this experience, I inquired what I already have incurred. I was really surprised that I have been charged for the lunch alone. I only have 4 hours left to consume the remaining balance. So I booked the eco-park tour and the watersports package.

Cagraray Ecopark: Could have been better if it wasn't raining.

This eco-park tour will cost you only P150 deducted from the package. It's close to Misibis but not for walking. If you have your own car, entrance fee is at P50 only. Zac Efron had one of his dinners set up here.
You can also check the chapel which is popular for weddings. It's on top of a hill overlooking the beach and nearby islands.
Emote pa more! I am traveling solo and it's hard to demand how you want your photos be like.

View across the chapel

After that, I proceeded with the snorkeling activity. I don't have underwater camera so I don't have enough photos for this activity. It's not as great as Coron or El Nido but still worth trying. Their staff were very helpful and joined me as I am alone. I've done a dozen of snorkeling but I enjoyed it most here because their snorkeling gears are in good condition and would even lend you flippers for me to swim better.


Marina area where snorkeling activity is being conducted. For me, the beach is better compared to the beach in front of the resort itself.

Watersports package costs P750 which includes windsurfing, stand-up paddle, kayaking, and snorkeling. The weather here is very unstable and unpredictable. With the whole day I was there, it rained so many times and I also experienced the scorching heat from the sun a few times. Due to that, I feel sick and nauseous the reason I cancelled the other water activities.

If you don't want to do all activities:
Snorkeling - P450
Windsurfing - P350
Stand up Paddle - P350
Kayaking - P350

Misibis Bay Resort's recognition which I seconded with my very own experience.

Thanks to these staff who did a great job to make this short stay at their resort a wonderful experience for me. The luxury and excellent service combined. (Everyone did a great job but didn't have the chance to take photos with them).

Front office and the OJTs


I could have been one of them but I have to unbutton my shirt to flaunt those abs. lol

Again, another defining yolo experience for me.

Total expenses:
Shuttle from Legazpi to Misibis (vice versa) - complimentary
Pool, locker, towels, and access to other ameneties - complimentary
Lunch (set meal) - P880
Snorkeling - P450
Snack (banana split) - P280
Eco Park Tour - P150

Total - P1,760 (exceeded P10 additional only)

Day Tour Consumable Package - P1,750




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. great you went. i've been wanting to travel to south luzon. excellent shots and informative post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, James! For 2016, I guess I need to check out what North Luzon has to offer. Let's have coffee sometime together with your other TUP-Vian friends here in Makati. :)

      Delete

V I S I T O R S

Follow Me on Instagram --> @mistershauniverse

Flickr Images